This is simple tutorial how to install yii framework in your desktop/notebook
A. Download and Extract
1. Going to http://www.yiiframework.com/ and download the newest Yii Framework
2. Extract the folder and rename it as you wish. I’m using wamp server here, so i just put it in c:\wamp\www\yii
3. Check your pc/notebook compatibility by type in your browser something like this : http://localhost/yii/requirements/
B. Install Yii Framework
Basically, there are 3 steps that you should know.
1. Running command prompt
2. Looking the path for php.exe
Im using wamp server. The location for php exe in wamp server is: c:\wamp\bin\php\yourphpversion\php.exe (im using php5.3.13)
3. Create the yii skeleton.
you should understand 3 components below :
– location yiic :
– webapp (web application)
– location the program that you wish to install
Finally, the structure to make your own yii program is like this:
location_php_exe location_yii webapp location_your_application:
Make it simple:
type in your cmd (command prompt) like this:
c:\wamp\bin\php\your_php_version\php.exe c:\wamp\www\yii\framework\yiic webapp c:\wamp\www\yii\your_application_name
Click yess,, and tarrraaaa,, your yii application is on the fly.
Open your browser, type: http://localhost/your_application_name and you’ll find your yii framework.
Well, so easy yeaahh? :D. Alhamdulillah 🙂
Source: anywhere in internet (sorry, i’m just forgot to save the link >.< )